Have a filing room full of paper that you are itching to get rid of? Without question, Symphony Profiler will dramatically optimize this process - but it's nice to get a feel for how much paper you actually have, and how much disk storage is going to be required as a result of finally going completely paperless. Over the years, we've accumulated quite a bit of data about scanned documents and thought it would be helpful if we presented some key metrics that can help you with planning a big scanning project:
How many pages are there?
- Standard file box: 2,500 pages
- Banker box: 5,000 pages
- Vertical file cabinet: 4,000 pages/drawer
- Lateral file cabinet: 6,000 pages/drawer
How much disk space per page?
- Scanned black and white pages are typically between 60 and 100 KB per page
- Grayscale and color scans can be substantially larger because compression algorithms aren't as effective. Unless there is a compelling reason to do otherwise, we recommend scanning black and white.